Apologies for cross postings.

Although still more than a year distant, a reminder for those of you interested in the high-temperature end of things that the ‘Granulites & Granulites 2018’ conference will take place from 10–13 July, 2018, in the beautiful fishing town of Ullapool in NW Scotland. The meeting will be run under the auspices of the Mineralogical Society of Great Britain and Ireland.

A pre-conference field trip will examine rocks of the nearby Lewisian Complex, including evidence for in situ formation of Archaean TTGs from partial melting of metabasic rocks. The post-conference fieldtrip will run in SW Norway to see stunning rocks containing, amongst other things, fresh sapphirine and osumilite.

We have already sent out keynote invitations and received positive responses from (in alphabetical order) Chris Hawkesworth, Sandra Piazolo, Roger Powell, Daniela Rubatto, Karel Schulmann, Gary Stevens, Daniel Viete and Martin Whitehouse – it promises to be an excellent meeting.

More, including an official website with details on the venue, registration, abstract submission, the field trips, etc., etc., will appear over the coming months. In the mean time, please distribute to anybody you think might be interested but may not have received this. We are particularly keen to involve as many students as we are able.

Please DO NOT reply to this email unless you want your response read by all members of the geo-metamorphism and geo-tectonics mailing lists.

Cheers,

Tim

(on behalf of the organising committee)

Dr Tim Johnson
Applied Geology, Curtin University
GPO Box U1987, Perth, WA 6845
tel: +61 8 92667332
fax: +61 8 92663153

web: http://geology.curtin.edu.au/people/

cid:image001.png@01CFEF87.69A63F40

Curtin University is a trademark of Curtin University of Technology
CRICOS Provider Code 00301J