Well John (and the list),

I can certainly say that your words to us all have promoted the field of petrochronology far more effectively than anything I could say or do. To have you write about petrochronology (even a little bit) in your marvelous textbook is quite an expression of support to the discipline, and to Martin, Pierre and me, as editors of the book.

The RiMG volume is nearing completion. Naturally, it has to be published before Pierre’s workshop, but there’s a lag between when the chapters are sent to the publisher and when it’s physically published. So I’m guessing it’ll be out mid-April or so. Maybe a little sooner.

I’m not sure when the on-line pdf’s are posted, e.g. maybe earlier than the actual book? I’ll try to remember to send a message to the list when everything is officially complete.

Warm regards,

Matt

> On Feb 15, 2017, at 9:48 AM, John Winter <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Dear Pierre.
>
> Although I am (quite happily) retired I expect a third edition of my petrology text will be necessary at some point. I like to keep up on things and have a section on petrochronology, so please let me know when your short course book is released. Thanks.  John
>

> ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
> John D Winter
>   Academic in Recovery
> PO Box 849
> Kapa’au HI 96755
> (808) 889-6901
> http://www.whitman.edu/geology/winter
>
> From: Metamorphic Studies Group <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Pierre Lanari <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 at 5:21 AM
> To: <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: [geo-metamorphism] Short course *** Petrochronology: Methods and Applications ***
>
> Dear colleagues,
>
> I’m glad to announce that we can accept more participants for the short course “Petrochronology: Methods and Applications” (Apr. 22-23, Vienna). We decided to extend the deadline for the early registration to Feb. 24.
>
> Most of the authors of the RiMG volume (12) already confirmed that they will attend the short course and give a lecture on their chapter. A printed version of the book will be provided to each participant.
>
> The preliminary program and the registration tool are available on the short course webpage: http://vienna2017.petrochronology.org
>
> I'm looking forward to seeing you in Vienna.
>
> All the best,
>

> Pierre
> Martin & Matt.
>

> PS: For those that cannot join the short course in Vienna, a second short course will be organised prior to the GSA annual meeting in Seattle in October 2017.
>

> <image001.png>Dr. Pierre Lanari
>
> Research Assistant & EPMA Laboratory Manager
>
> Dept. of Geological Sciences - University of Bern
> Baltzerstrasse 1+3, CH3012 Bern (Switzerland)
>
> url: pierre-lanari.com | program: xmaptools.com | phone:  +41 (0)31 631 87 87
>
> <image001.png>

Dr. Matthew J. Kohn, University Distinguished Professor
Department of Geosciences, Boise State University
1910 University Dr.; MS1535
Boise, ID 83725-1535
http://earth.boisestate.edu/mattkohn/
phone: (208)-426-2757   fax: (208)-426-4061