Hi Sim Luck,

Please see below:

On 14 February 2017 at 17:52, Sim Luck <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi, Anderson,

I just found your message - thank you very much.

Regarding the example "to obtain it as a probabilistic map", I do not find where you used "10" in the command: fslroi, ${FSLDIR}/data/atlases/HarvardOxford/HarvardOxford-sub-prob-?mm.nii.gz. Then where should I define this 10?

Thy something as this:

fslroi ${FSLDIR}/data/atlases/HarvardOxford/HarvardOxford-sub-prob-2mm.nii.gz mymask.nii.gz 9 1

Further, is that -thr 10 only for the HarvardOxford-Subcortical.xml in ${FSLDIR}/data/atlases? Can I use this to any atlases? Could you give me a full example for this fslmaths application (using, -thr, -uthr, and -bin)?

All atlases are stored in a similar way, with 3D, 4D, and .xml files.

Try opening (with FSLview, FSLeyes, Mricron, Mango, etc) the image files that contain these atlases. You'll see that some files are 4D files with probabilities (one region per volume), whereas others are crisp, with probabilities set at some levels (e.g., 50%), with each region identified by a unique integer in a single 3D volume.

For the files that are 4D, you'd use fslroi. For the files that are 3D you'd use fslmaths. I think all atlases are represented in both ways.

All the best,

Anderson

Thank you very much,
Sim Luck