Hi Chao-Gan,

Please see below:

On 7 February 2017 at 21:52, YAN Chao-Gan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Thanks, Anderson!

OK. I thought through the null distribution of the maximum cluster size, we can define a cluster size threshold at p < 0.05. Anyway, _clustere_tstat_fwep.nii can work by its own.

I thought you meant minimum cluster size as threshold (i.e., a cluster with, say, at least 10 voxels). That isn't available, but if it were, it wouldn't make any difference on the p-values.

At any rate, in the permutation case, the p-value doesn't directly map to a test statistic that could be used as threshold to the statistical map. Often 2.3 or 3.1 are used but these are just rough heuristics. To have a p-value threshold we'd have to either run the permutation test twice, or store and revisit all the permutations, both of which are impractical and with little or no benefit.

Another question regards to the option "-twotail".

For _vox_tstat_fwep.nii, the null distribution is built by the maximum abs(T) value across all the voxels for each permutation?

Yes.

For _clustere_tstat_fwep, the null distribution is built by the cluster size defined at abs(Z) > 3.1 for each permutation?

Yes, the maximum cluster size at abs(Z) > 3.1 (or whatever other threshold).

All the best,

Anderson

Thanks,

Chao-Gan