Dear FSL experts,
I have two groups of subjects. The subjects have PET images. In order to study the difference between the groups I merged the data as a 4D file then I ran Randomise (TFCE and 5000 permutations. I got small significant difference between the groups (i.e. the area of the difference is small).

I repeated the analysis using PALM and the same parameters (TFCE and 5000 permutations). I got the same difference but the area of difference is larger.
My questions is:
Is this difference in the area of the significant difference between the groups is related to the fact that PALM is using parametric and non-parametric stats? if not how can this happen?

Thanks!
John