Dear FSL experts,

I have a question about my registration pipeline. Image summarizing the
registration can be found here
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/w9cwqdnveiewx0h/registration_example.png?dl=0>
(dropbox-folder).
I'm trying to register EPI data (TR=2s, 3mm isotropic) to MNI space using
the standard FSL way as implemented through FEAT.
That means I use the BBR cost-function to co-register my functional (middle
image) to my structural image and I calculate the final structural to MNI
registration by first using FLIRT (12 dof, affine transformation) followed
by FNIRT (10mm warp).

As you can see in the linked image the result of the registration procedure
for the functional to MNI looks rather odd (there is a 'horn' of matter
outside the MNI's  brain shape). This one data set performed especially bad
but some of the other data sets look comparably (bad) in terms of their
final registration.

Do you maybe have some ideas/insights why this might be happening and how
to fix it?

Cheers,
Paul