Sent: 20 February 2017 17:05
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Mobile Phones

Rachel

We have the same problem and have a few students whom refuse to take them out of their pockets and still protest to my team, that they do not have a phone on.  In the last week or so I have had to deal with 2 students and phones, voiding their exam with Edexcel.  To then be told by a customer service staff member at Edexcel that we are not doing enough and should be enforcing the rules.

Apart from suggesting that our students are strip searched, we just follow the JCQ booklet as best we can, we give our information have the posters on show, our invigilators also state the required information.  We ask the learners to leave their bag in designated area in the room (we also have a cupboard for coats).

Regards

Claire Everett-Ellis

Examination Manager

020 8501 8098