Dear All,
As a researcher from Iran, I would like to thank those who expressed their
solidarity with us. However I don't think banning scientific conferences in
the US could be an appropriate response, it's kind of a reaction rather
than an ACTION to change this policy. Instead I would like to suggest
sending letters to the white house and calling your congress
representatives, members of parliament and other public figures to stand up
against such fascistic order. American Sociology Association and British
Sociological Association have made strong stances that can be replicated.

Moreover I urge you to gather and publish evidence on the impact of such
injustice on scientific community.
You may also like to join the The March for Science
<https://www.marchforscience.com/> on the Earth Day.
Finally I would like to highlight that Human Rights should prevail over any
contrasting interest or evidence!

Best Regards
Omid

--