Personally I am sad people decided to leave.
I do not, honestly, take a side here because I am not aware of the entire for or against debate
I would have loved to see one here, collate and synthesize various arguments, draw out themes and then may be published it as an output of the group as refection of the diversity of views of EBM scientists. A subsequent paper might have been evaluation of those views from the perspective of the philosophy or science and ethics. But we are already biased now with several opposing voices gone, very unfortunate. Can we as group persuade them back?

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 11:01 AM, Ambuj Kumar <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
On that note, would love to hear/know how many and who should be blocked to make it "statistically significant".

Cheers

Ambuj

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 8:04 AM, Shaneyfelt, Terry <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Logic escapes those who are proposing a boycott....so you are mad that a very small minority of people are "blocked" from coming here and thus the sharing of amazing discoveries by these people will forever be suppressed AND your response is to not come to scientific meetings to share information. Amazing.

The US has the right to determine who comes here. We are a sovereign nation. It's not a right but a privilege to come to the US (or any country).

The USA didn’t create radical Islam.

-----Original Message-----
From: Evidence based health (EBH) [mailto:EVIDENCE-BASED-HEALTH@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] On Behalf Of Walker, John
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 3:52 AM
To: EVIDENCE-BASED-HEALTH@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Boycott Conferences in the US

I also think it is not a debate that should be supressed. Even those who disagree with a boycott should be aware that it is almost certainly going to happen and if this spreads to reviewing US journals then we all need to know.

You cannot have a major power refuse access to academics, librarians and health practitioners from certain countries and expect the rest of the world to sit back and do nothing. It is the USA who have created this problem and we should not attack those who raise this issue (and it is no good complaining that politics should not be discussed on this list and then raise you own political points).
Regards, John Walker
Assistant Information Librarian, UK.