From: Evidence based health (EBH) [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jon Brassey
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2017 2:01 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Community Rapid Review System

Hi All,

I've been involved in clinical question answering for twenty years now; it's the reason I created the Trip Database (to help support my work).  Me and my various teams have answered over 10,000 clinical questions and these are, to my mind, rapid reviews.  I'm also acutely aware that Trip is widely used to support clinical question answering.  It has seemed unfortunate that people answering their questions do not share the information with others.

The rise of so-called 'rapid reviews' has been charted on another site I started https://rapid-reviews.info/ (see graph here https://rapid-reviews.info/2016/12/16/the-rise-of-rapid-reviews-growth-compared-with-systematic-reviews/).  But one of the most frequent questions I ask is about 'what is the best methodology?'

So, trying to pull these two threads into a single initiative I have started planning a community rapid review system.  It will be created (later on this year) to support users producing rapid reviews and the intention is that it will be a supportive, nurturing and educational environment .

I'm pulling together a group of interested people to help shape the thinking around the system, so if you're interested then let me know.

Best wishes

jon

--
Jon Brassey