Hear hear.

I suspect this topic has run its course.  I'm basing that on the feeling
that we are in danger of seeing more heat than light in the posts,
people have started unsubscribing, and people have started emailing me
saying so.  I don't want to break the list over this.

Clearly there's disagreement as to whether or not this is an appropriate
topic for the EBH list.  I don't expect anyone to change their
position.  Nor do I expect to please all the people all the time.

I've always felt that meta-discussion (i.e. discussion of what is and
isn't appropriate for the list) is appropriate for the list, as long as
it doesn't get out of hand.  We've had similar discussions over the
years, e.g. about whether it's OK to ask for evidence about a specific
clinical question on the list and things like that.

So, meta-discussions, as well as being respectful and polite,
politeness, need to be constructive and brief so that they don't derail
the main purpose of the list.

We've heard from both sides of the debate, including people affected by
the US travel ban, and from those who'd be affected by any boycott.  Now
that the topic has been raised, thrashed about a bit, and had Godwin's
law invoked, perhaps it's time to move on to other things, unless there
are new things to add.   I'd like to propose that to the list in general.

If you feel strongly for or against this suggestion, please email me at
[log in to unmask] and I'll take it from there.

cheers

Douglas

Douglas Badenoch
Director, Minervation Ltd