From: ESOL-Research discussion forum and message board <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Judy Kirsh <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 24 February 2017 15:34
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: House of Commons briefing on ESOL

Dear all

I thought members of this list might be interested in the research briefing paper on ESOL that has just been published, available at http://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-7905

This briefing provides information on English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) for learners aged 19 and over in England, including current current provision and funding, past funding changes, and recent reports. It also provides information on the Government's community-based English language programmes.

There is a link to the full report which makes interesting reading - it refers to recent reports on ESOL, including NATECLA's 'Towards and ESOL Strategy' document.

Best wishes

Judy

(On behalf of NATECLA www.natecla.org.uk<http://www.natecla.org.uk>)
[http://www.natecla.org.uk/uploads/media/142/16281.jpg]<http://www.natecla.org.uk/>

NATECLA - Home<http://www.natecla.org.uk/>
www.natecla.org.uk
NATECLA (National Association for Teaching English and other Community Languages to Adults) is the national forum and professional organisation for ESOL teachers.

Sent from my iPad
*********************************** ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds. To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html To contact the list owner, send an email to [log in to unmask]