Best wishes,
Anne Margaret
ELT well

On 2017-02-17 15:02, Nicola Dean wrote:

Dear colleagues

We have a bit of a challenge at Rotherham College in getting ESOL students referred to our ALS (Additional Learning Support) department. In our team, time and experience tells us when a student isn't making progress as we would expect and we have a strong sense of a needs such as dsylexia and ADHD. However, those experienced in this field don't always agree with this. Do others experience this in their settings? Does anyone have any advice on how we can move things forward?

Kind regards

Nicola Dean

English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) lecturer

Room C336D

Rotherham College

Eastwood Lane

Rotherham

S65 1EG

01709 722759

*********************************** ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds. To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html To contact the list owner, send an email to [log in to unmask]