dear everyone,

some weeks ago i sent a reading list on intersectional disability and disabled women. as you probably have noticed, there is very little from and about black disabled women and people in the UK. there is one more resource now!

Michelle Daley set up her own website that just went live: http://www.daleymichelle.co.uk/. from her site:
"Hello! I’m Michelle Daley and I’m a proud black disabled woman. I was born and raised in the East End of London to Jamaican parents that moved to England in the 1950’s. I have worked in the disability field for over 15 years on international, national and local issues for public sector and voluntary organisations. I am privileged that through my work I am able to express myself and support others to do the same. [...] there is a lack of representation by British black disabled people in archives and on-line particularly from British black disabled women. I want to share resources including some of my own works, post blogs and for you to share your own experiences."

note: find Michelle's own various writings and speeches here: http://www.daleymichelle.co.uk/about-me/

to get in touch: please don't reply to this e-mail, but contact Michelle via facebook or twitter

cheers,
dyi

Best wishes,

Dyi

Dieuwertje Dyi Huijg
PhD Candidate in Sociology, University of Manchester
http://manchester.academia.edu/DieuwertjeDyiHuijg