From: CCP4 bulletin board <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Guillermo Montoya <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 1, 2017 10:32 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] comparison of different protein states

Dear all,

 thanks for your
input

cheers!!

G.

On 1 Feb 2017, at 17:17, Debanu <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear Xavier,
Great point and reminder!
Thanks,
Debanu

On Feb 1, 2017, at 6:44 AM, Boaz Shaanan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi,
One possible (formal, I should say) way around this would be to use one of the homology modeling servers (my favourite recently is phyre2 but go for any server you prefer) and feed it with the sequence of the protein in your structure as if you're trying to get its structure in the''apo'' form (a wrong term, as was pointed out on the bb recently). I'm quite certain that with the degree of conservation you mentioned it'll superpose extremely well on the other ''apo'' structure. This should satisfy the referee I would think (it's not me though).
Cheers,
Boaz