My journey towards becoming an Archive Conservator almost began with a
wrong turn when I arranged a fortnight-long work placement at Essex Record
Office with the idea of becoming an Archivist. As a recent History graduate
I knew I wanted to make some use of my new degree and my local Record
Office seemed a good place to start, but it soon became clear that I was
more interested with the physical nature of the documents than the
information contained within the text. After handling a parchment deed for
the first time it was the experience of interacting with the fragile and
ancient material that stuck in my mind rather than the message contained in
the flaking ink. Luckily I was able to spend a couple of days in the
Conservation Section where Senior Conservator, Keith Dean told me all about
a career I had no idea existed.

http://bit.ly/2kfIxmc
http://bit.ly/2kfIxmc+

--