From: AHFAP, for image professionals in the UK cultural heritage sector <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Richard Ash <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2017 2:39 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Any Bright ideas on this one..?

Hi All,

My first email on this, so firstly hello all….

I am one of the photographers at IWM and we have be tasked to photograph the Maps on the wall in the Map room at The Churchill War Rooms. ( see attached images )

The main problem is that there are many things in the way of the maps, and to get in front of the obstructing  pillars you are about 60 cm from the Map.

We have thought the best way to do this would be to lay a small track and dolly down parallel to the map and the shoot the map in sections with the camera attached to a vertical slider then stitch it all together.

Does anyone think this is the way to go, or know of a better way to go about it ?

The map goes almost to the floor and almost to the ceiling above the light fittings.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Richard Ash
Photographer
020 7416 5356

[http://www.iwm.org.uk/corporate/projects-partnerships/iwm-short-film-festival?utm_campaign=short-film-fest&utm_source=eSignature&utm_medium=email&utm_content=20170130_eSignature]<https://eu-api.mimecast.com/s/click/FWSdkCy0aYKqFXVee2SqYSjueMT1Ps23qqvqZKOfSMhxjuZd6YKjpgRAivD5skahrPsoz2Pbdrkpt46OQ2PRE8oUVO8vwNcDoLwUJDDqQeMl4Y8uFJbpq4kRfHipIN0NUKkjY21Nl3DLANdS0icFen9UAo6Dri4cP0DWT8lggow>

IWM Short Film Festival Call For Entries<http://www.iwm.org.uk/corporate/projects-partnerships/iwm-short-film-festival?utm_campaign=short-film-fest&utm_source=eSignature&utm_medium=email&utm_content=20170130_eSignature>