Dear Peter,

Thank you very much for the guidance in DCM analyses.
We found between-group differences using gPPI method, and are interested in
further explaining the task-modulation on amygdala-PFC connection --
especially the amygdala-->PFC and amygdala<-- PFC connections. However, we
got some DCM findings that are inconsistent with gPPI analyses results:

for gPPI:
(1) patients versus controls showed decreased gPPI to amygdala-PFC
connection;
(2) a negative correlation between gPPI to amygdala-PFC connection and
behavioral performance was found in controls only.

for DCM:
(1) no significant between-group difference of DCM parameters was found;
(2) some positive/negative correlations between DCM parameters (intrinsic
connections, and task-modulated amygdala-->amygdala connection, NOT
amygdala-->PFC or amygdala<--PFC) and behavioral performance were found in
patients only.

We are now confused on how to interpret the findings. Could you please give
us some hints about why there are such big differences between gPPI and DCM
findings? Thank you very much!

Bests,
Delin