These three supplementary beta files are the constants of the model. You have always one supplementary regressor for each session/run which correspond to the constant (the slope b as you have deduced).

You can ignore them in the contrast manager because it will automatically fill your contrast vector with 0 for all missing values.

Have a nice day

De : SPM (Statistical Parametric Mapping) [mailto:[log in to unmask]] De la part de Simi Luck
Envoyé : vendredi 13 janvier 2017 02:49
À : [log in to unmask]
Objet : [SPM] On first level output and GLM

Hi, List experts.

My colleagues and I are doing first level analysis. We are beginners with SPM.

We have one question: we have "N" regressors in the first level GLM analysis, but the output (i.e., beta.nii) from this level analysis are always "N+3". How to understand why we have another 3 beta.nii files. Note that we have three runs. Is this one the slope (i.e., b) of the y=ax + b (GLM)?  Then when we do the contract manager step, should we take this concern?

Thank you very much,

Sim Luck