Dear Jessica,

Looking at the code in FieldTrip's function ft_preproc_resample.m, it
seems that the error you observe could be obtained if you are trying to
downsample to a sampling rate identical, or very close, to the one of
your input data: could that be the case here?

Best regards,
Guillaume.

--
Guillaume Flandin, PhD