The first car radios didn't appear - in the USA - until 1930.  So says
the not-always-infallible wikipedia.  As a result, the note following
the entry will read

/Thanks to the expertise to be found on the Web, we are reasonably sure
that this radio was British-made, by a firm called Hoare and Jagels who
marketed several radios under the trade-name of Rolls in the second half
of the 1920s, but who ceased trading in 1931-2./

/Alastair W/