well, this exchange just brightened my day :)

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 5:53 PM, Gagen M.H. <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear Alan,

Thank you for your email and for letting me know about your distinguished career as a sociologist, you’re just the sort of expert I was hoping to reach out to via this list, not being a social scientist myself. Fortunately others have pointed me towards some really great background reading on socio economic status and agency, so I don’t have to devote months and years to Google. As an Associate Professor working on climate change I am really looking forward to learning more about this stuff and am hoping to be able to add my targeted reading to robust statistical analysis of a type of data I’m just learning to work with, to come up with some interesting results.

Kind regards,

Dr Mary Gagen

Associate Professor

Department of Geography