Dear List Members
We are seeking a Public Engagement with Research Freelance Contractor from February to Autumn 2017, for approximately one day a week.

To identify, pilot and recommend new public engagement with research opportunities at Imperial College London.

At Imperial, we are continually seeking new opportunities to connect our research with fresh voices and experiences – and using these insights to help shape our research. Our ambition is to pioneer new ways of enabling people of all ages and backgrounds to engage with the wonder of science, engineering, medicine and business. To do this we need to better support our staff, enabling them to engage with society in ways that excite them the most and meet their strategic goals.

The brief:

We are looking for someone to investigate, pilot and recommend opportunities for a new, ongoing programme of two-way engagement with research that will complement our existing programme of public engagement events.

To read the full brief for this freelance contract please contact Vicky Brightman at [log in to unmask]
Timescales:

Work pattern

We envisage the contractor working on average one day a week, however, this will vary at different stages of the project. Approximately 50% of this work can be carried out from home.

Fee

We anticipate a total fee of £12,000.00 (based on an estimated input of circa 48 days at £250 per day).

How to Apply:

To read the full brief for this freelance contract please contact Vicky Brightman at [log in to unmask]

By Noon, Tuesday 14 February 2017, please email a CV (3 pages maximum) and an expression of interest letter (one page maximum) explaining your motivation and suitability for this contract to Vicky Brightman at [log in to unmask]. Please include a description of your day rate and VAT status. Please also direct any pre-application questions about the nature of this contact to the same email address. It is likely that we will want to meet shortlisted candidates for an informal chat about the contract between Monday 20 and Wednesday 22 February.
Many thanks
Vicky Brightman (please note - direct enquiries and CVs to my work address and not this email address).

psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask]. If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages)