Hi All,

We’re currently advertising for a Science Writer in the Science Communication Unit at UWE.

The role involves writing articles and longer briefing papers for the Science for Environment Policy News Alert Service http://ec.europa.eu/environment/integration/research/newsalert/index_en.htm, a free news service published by the Directorate-General Environment, European Commission. We’re looking for someone with the ability to communicate a wide range of often complex environmental research at a level and in a style suitable for Science for Environment Policy’s international policymaker audience.

The role is a maternity cover; part-time at 0.6 FTE (22.5 hours/week); based in Bristol; fixed term until 30th Nov 2017; and a grade F (£28,452-£32,004). The deadline is next week: 2nd Feb.

You can find the role advertised on UWE’s job site: https://atsv7.wcn.co.uk/search_engine/jobs.cgi?SID=b3duZXI9NTA1NTI3OCZvd25lcnR5cGU9ZmFpciZwb3N0aW5nX2NvZGU9NDk3JnVzZXJjb2RlPTAm (reference: 1628669)

Please do share with anyone who might be interested, and I’ll be happy to answer any questions.

All the best,

Ruth

Ruth Larbey

Managing Editor | Science for Environment Policy

Science Communication Unit |

University of the West of England (UWE), Bristol, UK |

T: +44 (0) 117 32 84231 | M: +44 (0) 7846129778
E: [log in to unmask]
| W: www.uwe.ac.uk/research/scu

Tw: @RuthLarbey | Sk: ruth.a.larbey | LinkedIn

Sign up to Science for Environment Policy - a free news service

psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask]. If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages)