Hi Jenny

How all's well with you. If I read you right, you might be ploughing a relatively unprofitable furrow. The factors affecting the choices people make in adult life are enormously complex, and at best science education can only possibly hope to be a small part of that.

So it might be worth looking at the Daniel Kahneman work on how people make decisions (there's an accessible popular science book called "Thinking Fast and Slow" which might be a good start). Closer to home, there's tons of work that's been done on the factors affecting health choices and choices around climate change, so that'll be a good place to look.

Good luck!

Dom