Just a reminder in case you didn’t spot this before Christmas – the Public Engagement department at Wellcome is advertising for a Researchers’ Engagement Adviser. Deadline is this Sunday 15th January.

The Wellcome Trust is a global charitable foundation dedicated to improving health. We support bright minds in science, the humanities and the social sciences, as well as education, public engagement and the application of research to medicine.

Our Public Engagement department supports individuals, projects and ideas that enable people of all ages and all walks of life to enjoy, understand, challenge and shape biomedical science and the humanities. Working in the Researchers’ Engagement team, your role will be to support a programme of work that enables Wellcome Trust researchers and our major research centres to better engage public audiences with their research.  Specifically you will manage the Provision for Public Engagement (www.wellcome.ac.uk/ppe) which offers ring fenced funding for researchers within our research grants.

In this role you will:

•           Maximise the impact of the Provision for Public Engagement by encouraging and fostering applications, proactively supporting our researchers in developing their plans for public engagement, brokering partnerships, and monitoring awards

•           To explore options for how to provide such support at greater scale without increasing staff.  It is envisaged this will include greater involvement of the university sector and research institutes and colleagues internally

•           Manage a portfolio of other projects which support researchers in their public engagement including Public Engagement Fund grants as required.

To be successful, you will need to have:

•           a degree in a biomedical science, medical humanities or cultural studies

•           an excellent understanding of key principles of and demonstrable experience in public and/or community engagement

•           a good knowledge of the research and university sector in UK

•           proven competency in working with researchers and public engagement professionals to deliver effective engagement outputs

•           good project management experience

•           excellent interpersonal skills, with a track record of influence at all levels

•           the ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team

•           excellent written and verbal communication skills

You will be based in the Wellcome headquarters in central London but also travel within the UK and Republic of Ireland and potentially internationally.

We offer a salary of c. £35,000 per annum (depending on experience) plus excellent benefits.  We welcome applications for either part time (minimum 21hrs a week) to full time.

To apply, submit a CV and a covering letter explaining how you meet the criteria for this post. For more information and to apply online, visit: wellcome.ac.uk/jobs

Application deadline:  15 January 2017

Interviews: w/c 23 January 2017

Chloe Sheppard

Researchers’ Engagement Manager

Public Engagement

Culture and Society

Wellcome Trust

Gibbs Building

215 Euston Road

London NW1 2BE, UK

T +44(0)20 7611 8508 (office) +44(0)7918742101 (mobile)

F +44 (0)20 7611 8254

E [log in to unmask]

www.wellcome.ac.uk

The Researchers’ Engagement team is committed to building an environment where public engagement with health research can flourish. We provide support, development opportunities and funding for our community of researchers, both in the UK and in countries across Africa and Asia. We work with universities, research institutes and other research funders to build collaborations and support networks to embed engagement in research.

The Wellcome Trust is a global charitable foundation dedicated to improving health by supporting bright minds in science, the humanities and social sciences, and public engagement.

The Wellcome Trust is a charity registered in England, no. 210183. Its sole trustee is The Wellcome

Trust Limited, a company registered in England, no. 2711000, whose registered office is at 215 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE, UK.

Wellcome exists to improve health for everyone by helping great ideas to thrive. We're a global charitable foundation, both politically and financially independent. We support scientists and researchers, take on big problems, fuel imaginations and spark debate.

The Wellcome Trust is a charity registered in England and Wales, no. 210183. Its sole trustee is The Wellcome Trust Limited, a company registered in England and Wales, no. 2711000 (whose registered office is at 215 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE, UK)

This message has been scanned for viruses by Websense Hosted Email Security

psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask]. If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages)