Hi Annabel,

The Skylab has great flight-themed activities, it would be worth getting in touch with them if you haven’t already http://theskylab.org.uk/

Susan

From: psci-com: on public engagement with science [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Annabel Cook
Sent: 06 January 2017 10:45
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PSCI-COM] A venue, looking for someone to host...

Hi all,

Some of you will remember me from my 10 years working at Oxford University, when I was also involved in getting the Oxfordshire Science Festival up and running.

After a bit of moving around, I'm now the Communications Manager at Old Sarum Airfield in Wiltshire. http://www.oldsarumairfield.co.uk/

It's a lovely grass airfield, which celebrates its centenary this year. We have a cafe and bar, with an adjacent area which would be perfect for some hands-on activities. There is also a museum (the Boscombe Down Aviation Collection) on site, which is trying to do more in the way of educational outreach.

No-one has really done much to make the most of the site and facilities we have. I was wondering/hoping that some of you out in PSCI-COM land might have some flight-themed activities that are looking for a venue.

If anyone is interested in finding out more, please drop me a line!

Annabel

Annabel Cook
Communications Manager
Old Sarum Airfield Ltd
01722 322525
www.facebook.com/oldsarumairfieldltd<http://www.facebook.com/oldsarumairfieldltd>
https://twitter.com/OldSarumEGLS

psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

To unsubscribe (or silence messages while away) send an email (any subject) to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with one of the following messages (ignoring text in brackets)

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages)