We invite submissions for our workshop on *Soma-based Design Theory* that will be held as part of the 2017 ACM CHI-confereence (https://chi2017.acm.org/ <https://chi2017.acm.org/>)

A brief description of the workshop is below and more information can be found on our workshop website:
https://wpmu-bis.sys.kth.se/soma-based-design-theory/ <https://wpmu-bis.sys.kth.se/soma-based-design-theory/>

*Important Dates:*
Submission Deadline: 20th January 2017 (notification 10th of February)
Workshop Day: 6th May 2017

*Organizers:*
Kristina Höök
Caroline Hummels
Katherine Isbister
Martin Jonsson
Youn-Kyung Lim
Patrizia Marti
Elena Márquez Segura
Florian ‘Floyd’ Mueller
Marianne Graves Petersen
Pedro Sanches
Thecla Schiphorst
Anna Ståhl
Dag Svanæs
Ambra Trotto

Abstract:

Movement-based interaction design is increasingly popular, with application domains ranging from dance, sport, gaming to physical rehabilitation. In this workshop, we aim to discuss and share own design theory. By naming and articulating intermediate design knowledge as well as specific design exemplars, the field of soma-based design can start forming its own research program, its own theoretical concepts, and its own design theory.

We propose that soma-based design theory needs practical, analytical and pragmatic study – otherwise the felt dimension will be missing. The workshop is therefore organised as both practical design work, as well as analytical discussions bringing forth many different forms of articulation of our tacit design knowledge.

To participate, please submit a 2-page position paper to the workshop organisers: [log in to unmask] . If accepted, at least one of the authors has to attend the workshop and register for at least one day of the CHI conference. Applicants will be selected based on their past engagement with the topic, their future vision, or how well their skills can contribute to the discussion.