Making the Landscape Sing  : walking the map and mapping the walk

With Clare Qualmann, Conor Walker  and Blake Morris

In recent years there has been renewed interest in mapping as a practical sensuous activity, engaging  not just with what we see, but what we smell, hear , touch and even taste as we navigate the world around us . But how to compose these impressions into a  story, how to transform the haptic environment into a  meaningful site of political and person al engagement, how to make the landscape sing in counterpoint to  ?  In this seminar  we have invited three practitioners who are experimenting with new ways of organising cartographic data  to present and discuss  their recent projects.

WHEN  JANUARY 18TH  6-8pm

WHERE DEVELOPMENT PLANNING UNIT UCL

Room 101  34 Tavistock Square London, WC1

Nearest tube :Euston .Euston Square, Russell  Square

TICKETS  £10 AND £5 (CONCESSIONS) .

BOOK ONLINE NOW https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/livingmaps-seminar-making-the-landscape-sing-walking-the-map-and-mapping-the-walk-tickets-30549917626