With apologies for cross-posting:

UCD Clinton InstituteCall for Papers

This conference will examine the political and cultural significance of
Donald Trump’s election as President of the United States, and consider the
first 100 days of his administration.

*Speakers* include: *Robert Brigham*
<http://internationalstudies.vassar.edu/bios/robrigham.html> (Vassar
College), *Diane Negra*
<http://www.ucd.ie/research/people/englishdramafilm/professordianenegra/>(University
College Dublin), *Inderjeet Parmar*
<http://www.city.ac.uk/people/academics/inderjeet-parmar> (City, University
of London), *Donald E. Pease*
<http://english.dartmouth.edu/people/donald-e-pease> (Dartmouth
College).* Scott
Lucas
<http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/schools/government-society/departments/political-science-international-studies/staff/profiles/lucas-scott.aspx>*
(University
of Birmingham)

*Topics* may include but are not confined to:

“Make America Great Again” – American exceptionalism, nostalgia

“America First” – foreign policy and diplomacy

“Protect our borders” – immigration and terrorism

“Drain the swamp” - Washington elites, lobbying and corruption

“A historic movement” – white nationalism, identity politics, protest

“American carnage” – dystopian visions of the US, narratives of decline

“Crime and gangs and guns” – race and the cities, gun violence, civic
anxiety

“Fake news” – politics in the new media age, post-truth, alternative facts

“I have great respect for women” – gender and politics

“Grab ‘em by the pussy” – misogyny, civility

“I am very rich” – inequality, wealth

“I’ll be so presidential” – celebrity, reality tv, satire

“Bing, bing, bong, bong” - Trump’s language, rhetoric

“Buy American and hire American” – trade, protectionism

“Brexit’s a great thing” – transatlantic relations, populism,
ethnonationalism

We welcome individual papers but also proposals for panels, workshops or
alternative sessions for presentation and discussion. Please send a brief
CV and summary proposal (300 words max.) by *10th March 2017* to Prof. Liam
Kennedy at [log in to unmask]

Please send all proposals to Professor Liam Kennedy at [log in to unmask]

Registration and Fee details to follow

www.ucdclinton.ie