Hi all-

Our Comms & Social Media position closes tomorrow – please do share/apply/promote as you can!

Thanks,

Liz

Part-time Communications and Social Media Officer

Bodleian Libraries, Communications Section, Clarendon Building, Broad Street, Oxford

Permanent, Grade 6: £27,629 - £32,958 p.a. (pro rata)

The Communications section of Bodleian Libraries manages internal and external communications across the Bodleian Libraries. We are seeking a Communications and Social Media Officer who is passionate about engaging and communicating with our users, bringing our world-class collections and services to global audiences. We have increased social engagement by 300% in the last year and are looking for someone to build on this success and to explore new opportunities.

You will be responsible for managing the Libraries’ social media presence and platforms, creating content to reach the Libraries’ readers and audiences and shaping the Libraries’ long-term social media strategies. You will support internal communications and will lead the production of our internal staff publications and service-wide Communications’ projects ranging from campaigns to the promotion of our public programme.

You will have experience working on or with social media platforms and have experience producing staff communications and publications. You will have strong organisational and time-management skills, the well-developed interpersonal skills necessary to foster strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and the ability to analyse data and produce reports based on this analysis/data allied with the ability to understand trends and impact. Experience working in libraries and or cultural institutions is desirable but not essential.

This is a permanent, part-time role for 18.75 hours per week (0.5 FTE).

Benefits include 38 days leave (including bank holidays and fixed closures), a generous pension scheme, extensive training and development opportunities, access to travel and childcare schemes, free entry to colleges, discounted access to sporting facilities and a wide range of other staff discounts.

You will be required to upload a supporting statement as part of your online application. Your supporting statement should list each of the essential and desirable selection criteria, as listed in the further particulars, and explain how you meet each one. CVs on their own will not form part of the selection process.

Only applications received online by 12.00 midday on Friday 13 January 2017 can be considered. Interviews are expected to take place during week commencing Monday 30 January 2017.

https://www.recruit.ox.ac.uk/pls/hrisliverecruit/erq_jobspec_version_4.jobspec?p_id=126700

Liz McCarthy

Web & Digital Media Manager

Bodleian Libraries

Tel: 01865 277230
Twitter: @bodleianlibs | Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodleianlibraries

**************************************************************** website: http://museumscomputergroup.org.uk/ Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/museumscomputergroup [un]subscribe: http://museumscomputergroup.org.uk/email-list/ ****************************************************************