Our third conference will take place on Tuesday 6 and Wednesday 7 June 2017 at ‘the studio Glasgow’. Once again we can promise some fantastic keynotes, an interactive team-based challenge, a variety of practical workshops, and – of course – the sharing of User Experience (UX) research stories and best practice.

The main theme this year is impact:

Booking will open in a few weeks time shortly after our keynote speakers and workshop leaders are announced.

Call for Papers

The UXLibs committee know that excellent and valuable UX research work is going on. We know that some of you are new to these ethnographic and design practices, and that some have been engaged with them for quite a long time. We want to hear from all of you. The stories we are looking for could be about the impact your projects have had internally in the library, elsewhere in your institution, or on the wider community. We’re looking for stories across the continuum of UX in Libraries. We want to surface the range of practices, to show the way in, as well as the many ways forward from here.

Submission details:
Please submit an abstract of 300 words, a presentation title, a brief biography (biographies if a joint paper), and your email address. Also please briefly detail what you think attendees will learn by coming to your session. You can send your submission as a Word or Pages file or in the body of email to [log in to unmask]. Papers may be co-authored and co-presented but by no more than two attendees – please advise us who is the ‘lead author’ in these cases. We follow a blind peer review process for all submitted papers. If your submission is successful you will have 20 minutes in which to present your paper at the conference. You will be presenting to around a third of delegates (around 30-50 people) as these sessions will run in parallel to each other.

We are very happy to accept papers detailing user experience projects that are currently ongoing, so don’t avoid applying because some of the the work (research, analysis, evaluation) is still ahead of you. Most research ends up somewhere very different to where it starts so we are also relaxed about potential discrepancies between your eventual presentation and your submitted abstract.

The closing date for papers is Friday 3 February 2017. We will advise you if your submission has been successful by Friday 24 February 2017. If you are selected to present at the conference you will receive a 10% discount on the delegate rate in recognition of your contribution (5% each if a joint paper). Once again we will be presenting a prize for the best conference paper, won last year by Ingela Wahlgren.

Feel free to contact me by reply, or on [log in to unmask], if you want to discuss any aspect of this year’s Call for Papers.

best wishes

Andy Priestner, Conference Chair (on behalf of the UXLibs committee)

http://uxlib.org