Hi,

Happy New Year!

I thought our Digitisation course might be of interest to list members.

Best wishes,

Steph

Course Summary

Through a combination of tutor-led sessions and group work/discussions, the digitisation course covers the basics of digitisation, from the initial planning, through project management, to protecting and preserving the resulting digital assets for the long term.

Whilst exploring preparation, project management, equipment/outsourcing, workflows and policies, this one-day course also looks at metadata, copyright and licensing, and managing access to the digitised content.

Topic areas Covered

SESSION OUTCOMES

By the end of this course you will gain an understanding of:

IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?

This course is ideal for those who are:

WHAT PREVIOUS ATTENDEES THOUGHT:

ABOUT THE TRAINER

ED PINSENT

Ed Pinsent is part of the team that developed the award-winning Digital Preservation Training Programme. Ed is a senior archivist based within the Digital Preservation Team at CoSector, and has been involved in all aspects of digital preservation since 2004. He has a traditional archivist and records manager background, and brings to his teaching a wide range of skills and experience from numerous digital preservation projects.

Next Steps

 For contact details and to book a place on the course, see http://www.cosector.com/training-courses/digitisation

If you are interested in this course, you may also like:

Stephanie Taylor
Senior Consultant
Digital Preservation Team
Cosector, University of London