Hi,
Interesting discussion and one other point may be that influence often
comes from knowing how others think. Educators need models, they need
reliable sources etc. but they also need to understand how their thinking
relates to others in the department.

Professionals often work in silos with little knowledge or awareness of how
others interpret aspects of policy and practice. Making that thinking
'public' helps change become communal.

Best Wishes,
Nick

--------------------------------------
Dr. Nicholas Bowskill, SFHEA,
Lecturer in Education (UDOL)
University of Derby,
Kedleston Road,
Derby

Workshop: Student-Generated Induction and Belonging, Tues. 14th February,
Woburn House, Bloomsbury, London. Details at http://bit.ly/2jlcfVS

Nicholas Bowskill is a former Kelvin-Smith Scholar at University of
Glasgow. Nicholas is a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. He is
lead tutor for SEDA online workshop on Introduction to Educational Change
and Lecturer in Education (UDOL) at University of Derby. SharedThinking is
an independent consultancy.