Carl,

There is a company in Houston, Texas - Meyer Instruments - that sells scanners that are specifically designed for microscope slides  (e.g., https://www.meyerinst.com/pathscan-enabler-5/).  I have never used their products (we have an older Nikon scanner) and don’t want to act as their sales representative.  For example, I don’t know how their scanners compare to others in quality vs. price.   However, I do know that this company has been is business for about 30 years and have sold microscopes to geology departments.  If you do look into this option, I would be interested in your opinion.

Will

Will Lamb
Department of Geology and Geophysics
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX  77843-3115

Telephone: (979) 845-3075
Fax:  (979) 845-6162
email:  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
web:  http://geoweb.tamu.edu/profile/WLamb