Hi Shruti,

That looks correct, although you need to use a brain extracted binary mask of your MNI152 4mm template, not the MNI152 4mm image. From the screenshots you sent earlier, it looks like you have a brain extracted version of the template (bg_image.nii.gz). So you can just binarise this (the -bin flag to fslmaths), and then use it in the fslmaths command that you listed.

Cheers,

Paul