Hi Desmond,

There are two different things that are slightly mixed up. Let's clarify:

A) Multi-modal analysis using NPC: this will seek areas where there is a
joint effect, across modalities, that can be explained by the model. Two or
more input files are supplied with "-i", and NPC combines across them for a
single, joint inference. This is useful, for instance, to see if there are
group differences jointly significant on a set of modalities.

B) Voxel-wise (or vertexwise) EVs: this will run a GLM with one or more
regressor that varies across space, that is, each voxel in the input file
(entered with "-i") uses a different set of regressors, the latter being
supplied with "-evperdat". This is useful, for instance, to see if Modality
1 is correlated with Modality 2 (on each voxel).

It is possible to do both things together, e.g., combine modalities 1 and 2
via NPC, using a design matrix that has some voxelwise regressor 3.

Before answering the question, I'd like to know whether you'd like to
combine (jointly analyse) Modalities 1 and 2, or if you'd like to
investigate things like correlations between Modalities 1 and 2.

Thanks.

All the best,

Anderson