Dear colleagues,

The deadline for the Call for Papers for our 2nd Annual Conference (to be held 5-7 June 2017) is fast approaching. Please submit all proposals - whether for a paper or panel - to [log in to unmask] by 31/01/2017.

In the meantime we are pleased to announce our keynote speakers for the conference:

Volker Turk, Assistant High Commissioner for Protection, UNHCR
François Crépeau, UN Special Rapporteur on the Rights of Migrants (TBC)
Alexander Betts, Director, Refugee Studies Centre
Loren Landau, African Centre for Migration and Society
Alexandra Bilak, Director, Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre

The subject matter of the conference this year reflects a need to re-examine complex issues surrounding large-scale sudden movements of persons across borders, and will have direct relevance to the 2018 Global Compacts and associated policy development. We look forward to hosting these reputable and impactful speakers, and to a range of contributions from both the Refugee Law and Migration fields.

For more information about the conference, with details regarding the Call for Papers and registration please visit: http://rli.sas.ac.uk/annual-conference/second-annual-conference.

Best wishes,

Susan Reardon-Smith
Academic Support Officer
Refugee Law Initiative, Human Rights Consortium
School of Advanced Study | University of London | Malet Street, London WC1E 7HU, UK

Note: The material contained in this communication comes to you from the Forced Migration Discussion List which is moderated by the Refugee Studies Centre (RSC), Oxford Department of International Development, University of Oxford. It does not necessarily reflect the views of the RSC or the University. If you re-print, copy, archive or re-post this message please retain this disclaimer. Quotations or extracts should include attribution to the original sources.

E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Posting guidelines: http://www.forcedmigration.org/research-resources/discussion/forced-migration-discussion-list-posting-guidelines