Dear Subscribers

X-posting apologies.

If anyone is interested in reviewing a title for Studies in European Cinema
over the coming few months, please let me know.

I have on my desk a bunch of books that I would happily send along to
reviewers, including the below list.

Graduate students are in particular welcome to review. And if you have any
ideas - as a reviewer or as an author - to suggest, please let me know.

With best wishes

William

List starts:-

Antoine de Baecque and Noel Herpe - Eric Rohmer: A Biography
Isolina Ballesteros - Immigration Cinema in the New Europe
Stefano Baschiera and Russ Hunter (eds) - Italian Horror Cinema
Louis Bayman - The Operatic and The Everyday in Post-War Italian Film
Melodrama
Stefania Benini - Pasolini: The Sacred Flesh
Steve Choe - Afterlives: Allegories of Film and Mortality in Early Weimar
Germany
Michael Gott - French-Language Road Cinema: Borders, Diasporas, Migration
and 'New Europe'
Paul Douglas Grant - Cinéma Militant: Political Filmmaking & May 1968
Vittorio Hosle - Eric Rohmer: Filmmaker and Philosopher
Ozlem Koksal - Aesthetics of Displacement: Turkey and its Minorities on
Screen
Angelos Koutsourakis and Mark Steven (eds) - The Cinema of Theo Angelopoulos
Abigail Loxham - Cinema at the Edges: New Encounters with Julio Medem,
Bigas Luna and José Luis Guerín
Todd McGowan - Psychoanalytic Film Theory and The Rules of the Game
Hilary Neroni - Feminist Film Theory and Cléo from 5 to 7
Catherine O'Rawe - Stars and Masculinities in Contemporary Italian Cinema
Martin O'Shaughnessy - Laurent Cantet
Nick Rees-Roberts and Darren Waldron (eds) - Alain Delon: Style, Stardom
and Masculinity
Paul Matthew St Pierre - Cinematography in the Weimar Republic: Lola Lola,
Dirty Singles, and the Men Who Shot Them
Christophe Wall-Romana - Jean Epstein: Corporeal Cinema and Film Philosophy
Dan Williams - Klein, Sartre and Imagination in the Films of Ingmar Bergman
James S Williams - Space and Being in Contemporary French Cinema
James S Williams - Encounters with Godard

[James S Williams has been busy, hasn't he?]

Also, I can double up some of these for reviews in Film-Philosophy
(basically, if it has philosophy in the title, but I can be flexible.

So if you are not the only person vying for a title, I shall see what I can
do.

With best wishes to one and all for 2017

William

--
Dr William Brown
Senior Lecturer in Film