Apologies for cross postings. We will be kicking off our discussion list in February with the topic of What is Filmmaking Research? To know more please subscribe to the jiscmail list. Info below.

The Filmmaking Research Network (FRN) is an AHRC funded network established to develop understanding and consolidate the field of filmmaking research by sharing best practice internationally and developing resources. We will examine how the UK and Australia use filmmaking research to generate new knowledge and will produce resources to improve capacity and research infrastructure.

The network will conduct research and knowledge exchange through workshops, visits, meetings, screenings, conference panels and a survey.  Resources will include a register of films, case studies of best practice, a tool kit, resource lists and a training seminar in reviewing practice research. A special edition of the Journal of Media Practice in 2018 will be dedicated to the project. The Filmmaking Research Network will run for 18 months and will include over 40 members from more than 20 institutions including industry and third sector representatives. The network will stimulate new debates, foster a deeper understanding of filmmaking research and develop resources to sustain the future of the field.

Principal Investigator: Joanna Callaghan, University of Sussex

Co-Investigator: Susan Kerrigan, University of Newcastle

Find out more:  http://filmmakingresearch.net

Subscribe to the jiscmail discussion list:

-  https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=FRN&A=1
- sending an email to
Subject: Subscribe
Message: SUBSCRIBE FRN Firstname Lastname

 --

Joanna Callaghan
Senior Lecturer Filmmaking

Chair MeCCSA Practice network