Sent: 05 January 2017 13:06
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Special Consideration Policy

Hi Sally

We just  have a general section in the main exams policy, which is this:

Special Consideration
·         Should a student be too ill to sit an exam, suffer bereavement or other trauma or be taken ill during the exam itself, it is the student’s responsibility to alert the Exams team or the invigilator of this.
·         Special consideration can only be applied for after an exam has taken place and within certain conditions and timescales.
·         Students must supply appropriate evidence to support special consideration applications within 5 days of the exam, for example a doctor’s letter.
·         The Exams team will make a special consideration application to the appropriate awarding body within set deadlines, usually within a week of the last exam paper in the relevant subject in the exam series
Best wishes

Gillian

Gillian Russell
Head of Exams and Assessment