Hi All,

Please see the below update from Pearson, which has led to two different interpretations – my understanding and the departments understanding. And after speaking to Pearson, I am currently no clearer.

My understanding of the below in relation to L3 Nationals QCF, is although the dates have been extended slightly the same situation still exists. Students starting a BTEC qualification in 2017/2018 will either need to be enrolled and registered straight onto a two year programme, the Extended Diploma, or if you are very efficient enrolled and registered onto the sub dip or dip, achieved & certificated before 31st August 2018 – so they can then be topped-up before the 31st August deadline.

The departments reading is as long as they are registered on the sub dip/dip in 2017/18 they will be able to top them up when they return in 2018/19. Which has led to many departments making a decision to run with the QCF an extra year. I haven’t looked at funding implications yet.

I would appreciate other colleges view of the below?

Pearson will be extending the following sizes of the BTECNationals (Level 3), which were originally developed on the QCF:

·         Subsidiary Diploma (360 GLH)

·         Diploma (720 GLH)

·         Extended Diploma (1080 GLH)

This is to support a last registration date of 31 August 2018 and last certification date of 31 December 2020 for those offering top-ups. At present only top-ups will be allowed between January and August 2018, not new registrations.

We will also be extending all 45 QCF titles in the apprenticeships to a last registration date 31 August 2019 and last certification date of 31/08/22.

We will be reviewing in 2017 whether a further extension is needed, dependent on outcomes of curriculum reviews and government policy.

Please note that Dental Technology, Pharmaceutical Science and Beauty Therapy is not in scope for this extension and each have a different last registration and certification date.

QCF titles will not attract 19-23 entitlement funding or performance measures in 2017/8, only the new suite will. For details of funding and performance measures in 2016/7, please click here

Detailed communications, including relevant qualification titles will be issued to centres in January 2017.

Christopher Hazlewood

Examinations Manager

T: 01905 725630

E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Heart of Worcestershire College

wwwlhowcollegelacluk

Worcester I Bromsgrove I Redditch I Malvern

cid:image004.png@01D2520C.A9AD0760

No iPods, Mobile Phones, MP3/4 Players or Watches.  No technological/ web enabled sources of information. Possession of any unauthorised items is a serious offence and could result in DISQUALIFICATION from your examination and your overall qualification

This message is sent in confidence for the addressee only. It may contain confidential or sensitive information. The contents are not to be disclosed to anyone other than the addressee unless specific authorisation has been given by the sender. Unauthorised recipients are requested to preserve this confidentiality and to advise us of any errors in transmission. Thank you.

Save paper, only print this email if really necessary and think green. Please turn off PC's and lights when not in use.

Don't just standby, Switch Off!

Heart of Worcestershire College EcoCampus Group.