Sent: 18 January 2017 10:55
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Candidate numbers

Hi Cath

Yes, this EBS function will leave the UCI numbers intact.

However there are some issues with the functionality of the Cleardown programme and Tribal are currently looking at fixing it as I have been raising the issue for several years.

We have a big problem here with Candidate numbers as we use EBS as a group which covers 6 different Centres and the 'pot' of 9999 numbers is shared across all centres as it is 'person' based and we keep running out of numbers.    I cleardown as many as possible (in the background) at the start of the year but have to exclude people doing the Welsh Bacc or re-sits etc.... and it gets a bit complicated.

The EBS cleardown programme is very basic and the way it currently 'works' it would not clear enough numbers to provide us with enough for the next year.

WJEC always made matters worse because the ESW registrations also required Candidate numbers - even if the learners were otherwise following vocational quals with other AOs.

We think that

a) they should be scrapped - as the UCI or ULN should be enough (as Ailsa pointed out)

b) if we HAVE to keep them, they should be generated by centre/person

c) the cleardown function should work more efficiently

d) we would LOVE to be able to divvy them up at the start of the year like many of you do

Hope this helps.  I'm sure there must be other merged colleges out there who find the same problems as we do??

Carol

Carol Marshall  BA(Hons), PGCE, TESOL

Swyddog Systemau Data / Data Systems Officer, Examinations

Gofestrfa / The Central Registry

Grŵp Llandrillo Menai

01492 546666 x564