From: eal assessment <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 6 January 2017 at 13:34:23 GMT
To: Emma Cleave <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: EAL Assessment Framework for Schools

Dear Colleague,

I am pleased to inform you that The Bell Foundation’s EAL Assessment Framework for Schools (version 1) is now available free of charge to all schools in the UK.

The EAL Assessment Framework for Schools has been developed by a team of leading EAL Assessment experts at Kings College London and the University of Cambridge, and is informed by robust academic research. We have also worked with teachers to ensure that it is classroom-friendly.

The Department for Education (DfE) now requires schools to report a Proficiency in English scale for all EAL pupils, and the EAL Assessment Framework for Schools is deliberately designed to align with and support the DfE scales.

The Bell Foundation’s EAL Assessment Framework for Schools pack includes:

  • Two sets of descriptors for primary and secondary

  • A detailed user guide

  • A set of sample pupil assessment profiles

  • A blank pupil assessment profile

  • Information on the academic research

We hope schools will find the framework useful for the School Census deadline in January 2017, and beyond.

Please register your details to download the EAL Assessment Framework for Schools. By entering your details, you consent to our privacy policy and to receiving EAL Assessment Framework updates, as well as information on EAL resources and events, from time to time.

If you have any queries about the EAL Assessment Framework for Schools, please contact us on [log in to unmask]

With best wishes, Emma

Emma Cleave

Programme Officer

The Bell Foundation

Red Cross Lane

Cambridge

CB2 0QU

01223 275528

www.bell-foundation.org.uk

Follow us on Twitter

On Thursdays and Fridays I work in London and can be contacted on 0207 4406770.

The-Bell-Foundation_Version-3

Bell Disclaimer: Please note that this email is sent subject to the terms and conditions specified on https://www.bell-foundation.org.uk/LegalNotices/
*********************************** ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds. To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html To contact the list owner, send an email to [log in to unmask]