Happy New Year everybody.

I hope those of us who have started this week are adjusting to being back at work (I know some people are still on the sofa, so enjoy that!).  Have you got your brand new crisp blank diaries to hand? (or alternatively, your not-so crisp half-used academic-year diaries?)

I just wanted to let you know there are new training opportunities this term, which you can find on the ELT well website: short sessions in Birmingham, London and Leeds at the end of March, as well as the full-day session on 'Assessing Multilingual Learners' for dyslexia in London.

I also look forward to seeing you at various events this spring: Pedagoo in Hull (March 4th); The Education Show in Birmingham (March 16th - 18th) and IATEFL in Glasgow (3rd - 7th April).  IATEFL's newest Special Interest Group, Inclusive Practices and SEN (IP&SEN SIG) are having a Pre-conference event on 'Inclusion in Action' this year - see the website for more information.

ELT well is also planning a week-long training event in June, leading up to the annual Research Round-up event on June 10th - more details will be available soon so keep those diaries handy.

Here's hoping we can beat the Brexit blues.
Best wishes,
Anne Margaret
ELT well

*********************************** ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds. To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html To contact the list owner, send an email to [log in to unmask]