Lecturer in Disaster Management

Closing Date : 13/01/2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Duration : From January 2017
Faculty / Organisational Unit : Humanities
School/Directorate : School of Arts, Languages and Cultures
Division : Humanitarian and Conflict Response Institute
Hours Per week : Full time
Salary : £34,956 to £48,327 per annum according to relevant experience and qualifications.
Location : Oxford Road, Manchester
Job Reference : HUM-09308
Email A Friend
Humanitarian and Conflict Response Institute (HCRI) is a truly multidisciplinary centre bringing together, existing expertise from the Faculty of Humanities (including social sciences) and the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health, and offers a flexible approach to the provision of research and taught programmes so as to cater for the current needs of the aid industry as well as prepare the next generation of crisis response researchers and practitioners.

We are expanding our successful taught programmes and are seeking a Lecturer in Disaster Management whose research connects with any aspect of disaster management broadly conceived to take the central role in the curriculum design of a new MSc in Disaster Management: Resilience, Response and Relief, and be Programme Director in the established and successful MSc International Disaster Management.  Therefore we are particularly interested in candidates who have demonstrated skills in curriculum design and delivering high quality research-informed teaching for postgraduate programmes via both face-to-face and eLearning. Relevant areas of research include (but are not limited to) geography, anthropology, disaster management planning, prevention, mitigation, preparedness and resilience, logistics, capacity building, humanitarian intervention, emergency treatment, emergency medical services and systems, community and public participation, and models for medical and response coordination.

As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. As we are committed to the principles of the Race Equality Charter Mark, we would particularly welcome applications from the black and minority ethnic (BME) community who are currently under-represented at this level in this area.  All appointments will be made on merit.

Please note that we are unable to respond to enquiries, accept CV's or applications from Recruitment Agencies.

Enquiries about the vacancy, shortlisting and interviews:

Name: Professor Bertrand Taithe, HCRI Executive Director

Email:  [log in to unmask]

Or:

Name: Dr Birte Vogel HCRI Director of Postgraduate Teaching

Email:  [log in to unmask]

General enquiries:

Email: [log in to unmask]

Tel: 0161 275 4499