Hi Laura,

thanks for your info.

I think we have a pretty strong and active disability rights movement in Germany currently. But we also face a strong resistance of institutionalised segregation, exkluding state legislation and patronizing attitudes. I think the question of how far ahead we are in terms of disability rights and inclusion is not only in the responsibility of activists.

I know the British organisations that you mention very well, and it would be definetely good to have more international cooperation. I think this is slowly coming ahead, but not all disabled people in Germany speak english and not all are able to travel. So it's only up to the few who have international connections to get support from other countries. But, like I said, it's not to say that there is nothing happening in Germany - in 2014 and 2015 we organized a Mad and Disability Pride Parade in Berlin with a couple of thousand people attending, and 2016 we had numerous demonstrations fighting against a new law that threats independent living with a total of several thousand participants nationwide.

Best
Rebecca