From: Discussion List for Contemporary and Historical Archaeology [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Daniel Lee [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 11 January 2017 15:49
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Gideon Mendel exhibition visit and pub meet, London, 2 Feb

Thanks James for the link to this incredibly powerful exhibition. Just a shame I won’t be able to see it in person.

Does anyone know of any archaeologists working/having worked at the Calais Jungle camp, or what remains of it? It strikes me that contemporary archaeology could play a significant role in retelling these stories through such evocative material remains, and bearing witness to this crisis.

Regards,

Dan