Dear colleagues,

I am trying to use relion for subtomogram averaging. Unlike the data in
protocol, my sample was from FIB milling cells, as a result, there is a 13
degree pre-tilt in my tomograms.

I found the tilt direction of the 3D subtomogram ctf file is mirrored
compared with the power spectrum calculated from the subtomograms (see
attachment, left: ctf, right: power spectrum of the same subtomogram ).
Does this really mean that the ctf files are applied a wrong sign or just
display difference in different software packages.  I reconstructed my
tomogram with IMOD, then everything was done in relion just following the
protocol.

Best
Qiang

--
Qiang (John) Guo
Department of Molecular Structural Biology