I wonder if anyone has tried glutamate as a cryprotectant for proteins. If the [] is that high, it may make a stable environment for proteins. I have no idea what effect it might have on ice formation.

https://amb-express.springeropen.com/articles/10.1186/2191-0855-3-36

Bacillus subtilis natto: a non-toxic source of poly-γ-glutamic acid that could be used as a cryoprotectant for probiotic bacteria

Bhat, et al DOI: 10.1186/2191-0855-3-36